Thanks to passage of WC-1 in November 2016, we are able to build new schools to relieve current overcrowding, accommodate growth, and provide updated facilities. This page will be constantly updated to show project progress as new schools are approved, designed, planned, and built; check back often for updates.
The plan for new schools over the next decade (presented to voters prior to the election):
Build 3 new high schools, plus an expansion of Damonte Ranch High School
Build 3 new middle schools
Build 9 new elementary schools
- Expansion of Damonte Ranch High School - Location: Expand existing facility at 10500 Rio Wrangler Pkwy. Projected completion: During the 2017-18 school year Status: Construction contract awarded, broke ground 3/16/2017 Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at current high school, and provide capacity for this high-growth area Contractor: Clark/Sullivan Construction Architect: GML Architects 22 classrooms will be added East Wing Addition 5 Classrooms 1 Business Lab West […]
- Wildcreek Project – New Hug High School - Información en Español Select one of the buttons below to learn more. Frequently Asked Questions Why is this project needed, and what is the purpose? A new high school in this area would satisfy WCSD’s three primary goals with capital spending: Relieve overcrowding and avoid the possibility of Double Sessions: This new school would be roughly […]
- Sky Ranch Middle School – Spanish Springs - Location: In new Kiley Ranch development (land purchase finalized 8/23/17!) . Projected completion: Our goal is to open by August 2019. Status: Architectural design by Van Woert Bigotti Architects, CMAR Contractor CORE Construction. Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at other middle schools in the area, and relieve overcrowding at nearby elementary by moving sixth grade to middle school (a long-term […]
- Middle School – Sun Valley - *NEW*: In a kind of “holiday miracle,” the BLM has approved and signed our final lease for the land more than a month ahead of schedule! Work will begin on the site on December 13, 2017. A public groundbreaking “open house” will take place at the site on December 19, 2017 from 10-11 a.m.; everyone […]
- Nick Poulakidas Elementary School– South Meadows Area - Name: Nick Poulakidas Elementary School (name finalized by the Board of Trustees on 11/14/2017) Location: “Bella Vista” development, which is located to the southeast of the intersection of Veterans and South Meadows parkways. Land donated by Toll Brothers (thank you!) Projected completion: Open to students in August 2019 Status: Site work began in March 2018. Architect: H + K […]
- 8 New Elementary Schools - 8 New Elementary Schools Locations: Throughout the county at locations to be determined, first one likely in Spanish Springs (Kiley Ranch) area Status: Purchasing land Purpose: Relieve overcrowding and accommodate future growth.
- Middle School – South Reno - *NEW* Updated WCSD Plan of Development published by U.S. Forest Service (USFS). Environmental Assessment (EA) comment period opens, USFS to host open house forum. See the updated WCSD Plan of Development and USFS letter regarding the EA, comment period and open house forum here on the USFS website, or pasted below along with a […]
- High School – Butler Ranch/Donner Springs area - Location: To be determined by land acquisition Status: Purchasing land, updating Educational Specifications.* Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at multiple high schools, and accommodate projected growth in area (particularly in South Reno).
- High School – Cold Springs area - Location: To be determined by land acquisition Status: Purchasing land, updating Educational Specifications.* Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at other high schools (especially, but not limited to, North Valleys High School), and accommodate projected growth in area.