Thanks to passage of WC-1 in November 2016, we are able to build new schools to relieve current overcrowding, accommodate growth, and provide updated facilities. This page will be constantly updated to show project progress as new schools are approved, designed, planned, and built; check back often for updates.
The plan for new schools over the next decade (presented to voters prior to the election):
Build 3 new high schools, plus an expansion of Damonte Ranch High School
Build 3 new middle schools
Build 9 new elementary schools
- Expansion of Damonte Ranch High School - Location: Expand existing facility at 10500 Rio Wrangler Pkwy. Projected completion: During the 2017-18 school year Status: Construction contract awarded, broke ground 3/16/2017 Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at current high school, and provide capacity for this high-growth area Contractor: Clark/Sullivan Construction Architect: GML Architects 22 classrooms will be added East Wing Addition 5 Classrooms 1 Business Lab West […]
- Wildcreek Project – New Hug High School - Información en Español Select one of the buttons below to learn more. Frequently Asked Questions Why is this project needed, and what is the purpose? A new high school in this area would satisfy WCSD’s three primary goals with capital spending: Relieve overcrowding and avoid the possibility of Double Sessions: This new school would be roughly […]
- Sky Ranch Middle School – Spanish Springs - *NEW live camera and timelapse of work in progress: click or tap here. Your browser does not support iframes. Location: 1200 Windmill Farms Parkway, Sparks NV 89434. In new Kiley Ranch development (land purchase finalized 8/23/17!) . Projected completion: Open in August 2019. Status: Vertical construction underway. Architectural design by Van Woert Bigotti Architects, CMAR Contractor CORE Construction. […]
- Desert Skies Middle School – Sun Valley - *NEW: live camera and timelapse of construction progress. Click or tap here. Your browser does not support iframes. Location: 7550 Donatello Drive, Sun Valley NV 89433. Above Highland Ranch at the far north end of Sun Valley (formerly BLM land), on Donatello Drive. Projected completion: Our goal is to open by August 2019. Status: Vertical construction started. Architectural […]
- Nick Poulakidas Elementary School– South Meadows Area - Name: Nick Poulakidas Elementary School (name finalized by the Board of Trustees on 11/14/2017) Location: 9600 Mojave Sky Drive, Reno NV 89521, in the “Bella Vista” development located to the southeast of the intersection of Veterans and South Meadows parkways. Land donated by Toll Brothers (thank you!) Projected completion: Open to students in August 2019 Status: Site work […]
- 8 New Elementary Schools - 8 New Elementary Schools Locations: Throughout the county at locations to be determined, first one likely in Spanish Springs (Kiley Ranch) area Status: Purchasing land Purpose: Relieve overcrowding and accommodate future growth.
- Middle School – South Reno/Arrowcreek - Important Update: WCSD now officially owns the land, and is moving forward with planning and construction! Submit your proposed name for the school here. Submissions open through November 27. Actualización Importante: ¡Oficialmente el Distrito es dueño del terreno y estamos iniciando los planes y la construcción! Envié aquí el nombre que usted sugiere para la […]
- High School – Butler Ranch/Donner Springs area - Location: To be determined by land acquisition Status: Purchasing land, updating Educational Specifications.* Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at multiple high schools, and accommodate projected growth in area (particularly in South Reno).
- High School – Cold Springs area - Location: To be determined by land acquisition Status: Purchasing land, updating Educational Specifications.* Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at other high schools (especially, but not limited to, North Valleys High School), and accommodate projected growth in area.