Plans for the new high school at Wildcreek are being reviewed and worked through with the Sparks Planning Commission and City Council.
Please see the video below, or this overview, for what this project is, what happens to Hug High School, and more.
High School At Wildcreek:
- 40 General Learning (English, Math, Social Studies, Language Arts)
- 11 Science Learning Labs
- Learning Commons on two floors
- 14 shared Medium and Small Group rooms
- 16 Specialized Labs (Art, Career Tech, Media Labs)
- Student Commons
- 425 Seat Performing Arts Center
- Music Suite
- 3 Gymnasiums
- 295,000 SF
Click on an image below to enlarge
- Widening of Sullivan Lane between McCarran and El Rancho to add sidewalk on the east side, add bike lanes, and provide a roundabout at each of the entrances.
- Roundabout at the El Rancho/Sullivan Lane intersection
- Lengthening of the EB McCarran to NB Sullivan turn pocket
- Addition of an acceleration lane on Sun Valley Boulevard for the WB El Rancho to NB Sun Valley movement.
- In addition to the areas above, we also are planning sidewalk improvements to fill in existing gaps on the east side of Sullivan Lane, south of McCarran to Wedekind, and on El Rancho, between Sullivan Lane and Sun Valley Boulevard.